Caribou County EMS is looking for individuals in our communities who are willing to become Volunteer EMT's.
Caribou County EMS is looking for individuals in our communities who are willing to become Volunteer EMT’s. Currently an Ambulance is stationed in Bancroft, Grace and Soda Springs to cover calls in the area. Unfortunately though the ambulances at all of these locations are operating dangerously understaffed to the point of barely being able to cover emergency calls.
If you're interested in becoming a volunter EMT this is what you need to know:
1) An EMT class will be held starting on November 14th and continuing into March.
2) Coursework will be online based and you will be required to attend classroom portions weekly on Thursday nights at the EMS building in Soda Springs.
3) After completion of the course, EMT’s are expected to sign up for a minimum of 60 hours of call time a month. You must be available to respond to Emergency Calls during the times you sign up for.
4) You will be required to attend 6 trainings a year with the County EMS department.
5) You will be asked to volunteer with the county for at least 2 years to recoup the cost of the class.
6) You will be compensated at the following rates: $0.60 cents a hour for on call time and $7 for every call you go out on.
Applications to apply for the class is available here. For any further questions please call the EMS Office at 208-547-2583.