This is a small house with a big story. The Old Rock House, built in 1896 from rocks originally quarried for a railroad round house, was saved from eventual destruction by the loving care and hard work of its latest owner, Anna Beauregard. The house was built by William Hopkins. He and his wife lived in it until 1919, and then Iona Mikesell, a woman who worked as a local midwife, lived here from 1919 to 1971. During the time that Iona raised her ten children here, the house had other additions to make it more livable.