For new services, there is a $150.00 deposit for residential and a $250.00 deposit for commercial required, and you must come to City Hall at 9 W 2nd S. Please bring your photo ID, your social security number, and the address of your new location. Once you pay your bill on time for one year, your deposit is credited back to your account, or in the event you move before then, it will be applied to your final bill. If you have any questions, call City Hall at 208-547-2600.
The City of Soda Springs uniquely provides its citizens with almost all necessary utilities, such as electricity, water, sewer, and garbage.
The natural gas is provided through Intermountain Gas.
Soda Springs has two of its hydroelectric plants and a contract with Bonneville Power that allows it to provide electricity at a rate 30% lower than those outside of Soda Springs have to pay through Rocky Mountain Power. Soda Springs provides its water, sewer, and garbage flat monthly, making it easy to anticipate your average monthly bill. For those who have lived in the same residence for over a year, you can call in the spring to set up your Utilities Account on a level pay.
The utility late fee is applied after the 10th of each month.
Electrical Connect and Disconnect-during working hours fee $25.00, After hours fee $50.00
Water Connect and Disconnect-during working hours fee $25.00, After Hours is fee $50.00
City of Soda Springs Utility Policy
- Purpose of the Policy
To establish a procedure to disconnect meters on non-pay disconnect statues accounts and define the disconnect procedures.
- Policy Statement
To outline the payment/collections process for all customers that trigger action by Utility Billing staff and Soda Springs Power staff.
- Disconnect timeline description.
- Customer receives two billing cycles before they are shut off on the 20th day of the month. No payment extensions will be permitted.
- If bill #1 is issued and not paid in full by the 10th of the month, a “past due” statement on red paper will be sent to the customer(s). Disconnects will not occur on non-business days.
- Return checks or insufficient funds will result in a $37.50 fee to the customer.
- Customers may request payment assistance from various reputable energy assistance programs. A pledge on the account will keep a customer in good standing until the monies for the pledge have been received. If the payment is not received to satisfy the pledge within 60 days, then the account will be considered past due and moved into the disconnect process.
- Winter Suspension:
- There will be disconnection for non-payment.
- Power will not be turned on after business hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00-3:00, and City recognized holidays.
- Upon receipt of full payment that brings the customer balance to zero.
- Reconnection Fees will be waived for the 1st Customers will be charged $25.00 to turn on power during business hours.